Wednesday 29 January 2014

Taking on the challenge

At the beginning of October I took on the challenge of doing a PhD. I am now a part time student of the University of Brighton, studying within the disciplines of museum studies and design history.

I will be researching the collecting practices of museums that have a material focus rather than a subject focus. Obviously my main case study will be MoDiP, its collections, use, and practices. There will be occasions when I use this blog to discuss and highlight aspects of my research. 

After more than 10 years working in museums it is very strange to be a student again, even if it is only part time. I hope that it will be an enjoyable journey and that I can share it with readers of this blog. 

Wish me luck! 

Louise Dennis (Assistant Curator)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.