Tuesday 8 November 2011

Planning for Digitisation

On Friday I presented a case study at the British Library as part of the Planning for Digitisation seminar organised by the British Library Preservation Advisory Centre.

It was a really interesting day and included sessions by Richard Davies of the British Library about Planning for digitisation and Patricia Sleeman, ULCC about [digital] Preservation issues.   I presented a case study which had been written as part of the Look-Here! Project.

Alongside me were some fascinating presentations:


I have to confess to having not been to the British Library before and was struck by the vibrancy of the place.  It seemed so alive with people everywhere on laptops and chatting with friends and colleagues.  I would definitely recommend a visit; I just wish I had had more time to explore.

C. G. P. Grey released this image under the Creative Commons Attribution licence.

Louise Dennis (Assistant Curator)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.